Explore the F-Series Chassis
OVERALL LCF BENEFITS
Isuzu is the #1 selling low cab forward truck since 1986. Much of that success is due to a superb low cab forward chassis design that provide drivers and owners alike benefits that they value.
- Maneuverability: Isuzu trucks are class-leading in maneuverability. Their inner wheel cuts allow for sharper turning and reduces three-point turns which saves driving time and makes for safer driving.
- Visibility: The large windshield, higher seating position and less forward mass gives drivers a clearer view in front of the truck and allows them to safely judge their proximity to objects in tight urban environments.
- Larger CA (Cab-to-Axle): Isuzu trucks have a larger CA than our conventional cab competitors. This allows for larger bodies to accommodate more cargo on similar wheelbase lengths.
The Isuzu F-Series’ 50° inner wheel cut provides a class-leading turning diameter that eases driver effort in tight urban environments. This reduces the number of three-point turns in your routes, saves you driving time and makes for safer driving.
WHEELS / TIRES
Isuzu F-Series trucks are equipped with standard 11R22.5 tires on steel wheels. Customers can opt for aluminum wheels and, on the class 6 FTR, have the option for low-pro tires that lower the chassis for special applications like rollback bodies.
The Isuzu F-Series trucks are available with air suspension. The standard air compressor outputs 17-CFM to quickly fill the air tanks and fill the suspension’s air bags. This option is popular for customers hauling fragile cargo or who need to lower the chassis height for loading and unloading.
The Isuzu F-Series offers a 50-gallon and a 100-gallon fuel tank. This gives customers the option to increase their range and lessen fuel stops. In short, it helps save time and time is money.
The Isuzu F-Series will offer eight wheelbases making it one of the most versatile chassis in the Class 6 and 7 segments. From a 152-in to 248-in. wheelbase, customers will have choices that will accommodate a number of custom upfits and bodies up to 30-feet in length.
The new interior in the F-Series trucks have dual-colored seats with a two-tone grey interior design that creates a comfortable cabin for passengers.
ALLISON® RDS TRANSMISSION
The Allison Rugged Duty Series Transmission was built for the medium-duty market. It’s proven durability and reliability provide greater uptime with a lower cost of operation.
- FTR: Allison 2550 RDS (Includes Park Pawl)
- FVR (De-rate): Allison 2500 RDS (No Park Pawl)
- FVR: Allison 2500 RDS (No Park Pawl)
The Cummins Single Module After-Treatment has a linear design to keep the frame rails clean. It incorporates the diesel particulate filter (DPF), selective catalyst reduction (SCR), exhaust cooler and electronic exhaust restriction into a compact single-piece unit.
CUMMINS B6.7L ENGINE
The B6.7L is the most popular engine ever built by Cummins and rightfully so, it’s been tested and proven with more than 13 million engines produced over nearly 40-years with billions of miles driven.
The B6.7L is a 6-cylinder diesel engine that outputs 260-hp and 660 lb.-ft. of torque. It is the highest horsepower and torque offering from the Cummins B6.7L. This power and torque combination will easily move heavier payloads through urban environments and on the highway.
LED headlamps and daytime running lights provide enhanced illumination for safer driving and last longer than halogen bulbs for better value.